When you think of a facial, you may think primarily about topical products and exfoliation. However, the fact is that these types of facials can only provide so much in the way of results, and many patients begin considering invasive surgical procedures as a way to achieve more dramatic rejuvenation of the skin and face. The vampire facial is a new and exciting treatment option that offers patients the best of both worlds: the ability to improve the appearance of their skin without surgery or downtime.
At , our practice is dedicated to providing patients with state-of-the-art treatments that help them look and feel their best. We believe in helping our patients achieve the youthful appearance they desire while keeping them healthy at the same time. A , also known as a PRP facial, is one of the most cutting-edge cosmetic procedures available today.
Here are the answers to patients' top questions about how PRP can help them achieve their aesthetic goals:
1. What is a Vampire Facial?A vampire facial is a type of facial that uses Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) to improve the appearance of the skin. PRP is a concentration of platelets that are derived from the patient’s own blood. The platelets are rich in growth factors and other bioactive substances that can promote corrective healing in the skin.
2. Why Choose a Vampire Facial?There are many advantages to choosing a vampire facial instead of more invasive procedures such as surgical facelifts. These benefits include:
- The vampire facial is non-surgical and requires no downtime.
- The treatment can be customized to each patient’s individual needs.
- PRP facials can help improve the appearance of a wide range of skin concerns, such as fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, acne scars, and more.
If you've previously considered similar, non-invasive treatment options such as Botox injections or dermal fillers, a PRP vampire facial may actually provide even better results. Vampire facials can also be performed alongside other non-surgical procedures, such as , to further enhance results.
3. How Does a Platelet-Rich Plasma Facial Work?
The vampire facial is a quick and easy procedure that can be performed in our office with no downtime or discomfort. Here's what you can expect during your vampire facial session at The Colorado Center for Health and Longevity:
- The treatment begins when your physician draws some of your own (autologous) blood from your arm.
- Then, the blood will be spun down in a centrifuge to isolate the platelet-rich plasma inside.
- This serum-like substance is then mixed with a special solution called calcium chloride, which helps activate the platelets.
- Once the PRP is ready, it will be applied to your face using a very fine needle.
4. What Results Can I Expect From a PRP Injection for the Face?
Because a PRP facial involves using your own, autologous blood cells, the results are completely natural. A vampire face treatment is particularly effective for producing the following results:
- Improve skin tone and texture: The growth factors in PRP can help to improve the overall tone and texture of your skin.
- Reduce wrinkles and fine lines: PRP can also help to soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Add extra volume: PRP can help to add volume to your skin, giving you a more youthful appearance.
- Fade away dark circles: If you have dark circles under your eyes, a vampire facial can help to diminish their appearance.
- Stimulate new tissue growth in the face: PRP can help to promote the formation of new tissue, which can give your face a rejuvenated appearance.
- Improve the appearance of sun damage: PRP is also effective at improving the appearance of sun damage and age spots.
- Tighten the skin: One of the most exciting benefits of a vampire facial is that it can help to tighten and lift the skin.
Patients who have had vampire facials often report seeing visible improvement in the tone and texture of their skin within a few weeks. Additionally, many patients enjoy long-term benefits from their vampire facial, including reduced appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots. Some patients opt for just one session and are pleased with their results -- however, we recommend that patients come in for a series of treatments in order to achieve the best possible outcome.
5. Is Platelet-Rich Plasma Treatment Safe?
Yes! Platelet-rich plasma is a natural substance that is derived from the patient’s own blood, so there is no risk of allergic reaction or infection. Additionally, any pain you experience will be minimal, and there is no downtime whatsoever. In fact, you can return to work or normal activities immediately after the procedure. There is always a risk of bruising or swelling at the injection site, but this is typically mild and resolves quickly.
At the , Dr. Ian Levenson and his team believe that PRP is an exciting, cutting-edge treatment that offers patients an alternative to invasive procedures while still providing significant results. If you are interested in learning more about facial treatments, we invite you to contact us today. We look forward to helping you look and feel like your best self.